Thursday, March 31, 2011

Vawk By Sunny Fong fall 2011 at LG Fashion Week

No big surprise but todays Vawk runway show was... amazing. He kept to his true style with classic tailoring, but also spiced it up a little with fur trim in military inspired lines. Accents of leather and sheer made me want to run backstage and steal garments, and ofcourse his jackets were to die for. I was surprised that there was no corseting, and nothing too complex. He kept it simple but tailored it to a t. He also used a couple of off beat models, one slightly more mature (but still so amazing, she got an applause) and one curvier (and also still amazing). 
My favourite model was Rochelle Tenholder. She'll be on the big runways next season so keep a watch for her fabulousness. 

My favourite things were: A leather Shirt with a skinny leather tie. SO HOT
A red knee length wool? coat with fur cuffs and trim on the bottom in angular lines. 
I also loved black wool? coat with leather accents. 

Not my cup of tea to wear but kindof cool: He used crochette/knit pieces and pannels. Including sleeves on a jacket and parts of a dress. They were unique but would be dry clean only, and could pull easily. 

My least favourite was the gorillaesque jacket and vest. (we all know I hate long haired fur)
and a dress with fur accents around the shoulders. I'm not sure where one would wear it, not to mention that it looks like the models chest and back hair was escaping from within.












No comments:

Post a Comment