Saturday, January 22, 2011

Martha Stewart Invaded My Mind. DIY




This project began with procrastination from homework and chores. I was frustrated with my necklaces being in a massive pile in a pretty glass container. One trip to Canadian tire, Salvation Army, and a flower store resulted in this amazing display. 


I started by taking an old wood picture frame, taking the cute little painting of a bear out of it, and then painted the wood with a piece of paper towel for an aged effect. I then hot glued a crocheted doily to the back, while stretching it. Second last I screwed 8 white hooks into the strange canvas section. Then i stuck hooks to my wall and TADA. 


A never ending question for a ring holder that holds more than two rings resulted in me purchasing two dried, overpriced branches from a local floral shop. I painted them white and then hot glued one into a glass bowl. At the base are my chunky bracelets. 


This stick is just stuck in fish rocks in a pretty glass vase. This way I can put it on my wall or use it for something else if my heart desires. 



No comments:

Post a Comment