Sunday, January 9, 2011

Airplane Wear

Today I got up at 5 am, with 2 hours of sleep, and rushed to shower, cloth myself, and pack all those little last minute things like my toothbrush and cellphone charger. Last night at 2 am, i realized i needed to leave an outfit unpacked for me to wear on the plane. In all reality I would have thrown on a pair of PJ's and slippers a couple of years ago, but now, on my mission to become a "grown up?" I felt that that was no longer appropriate. I considered sweatpants, but remember what a wonderful 50 or so year old lady once told me. I was working at Lucky Brand Jeans, and helping her find a "boyfriend" style cut that was comfy yet cool because she was going on a trip. Her flight was over 20 hours long, and I asked why she wasn't going to wear sweats. Her response:

 "You never know who will be sitting next to you"

This sparked a line of thought inolving WHO could be sitting next to me on my next flight.
A movie star?
a potential employer?
a friend?
a millionaire?
MY FUTURE HUSBAND?!!!?!?!!

The other thought process that one must go through when going on a trip is SECURITY.
My studded black boots were out of the question because security seems to think that anything metal is dangerous. Any jewelry could set off the medal detector.
Shoes and belts have to be removed now. I made sure to wear a pair of boots there were easy to removed and put back on. This turned out to be the smartest decision of my day because they made me take out my laptop, from my carryon and its case. Remove all scarves and other winter accessories.
I was also traveling with a cat, and they asked me to take the cat out of the carrier, and then remove its leash and harness. This would have all been okay except that they asked everyone else to do the same, which in turn made the line go exceedingly slow, and I almost missed my plane!


The conclusion to my story is that today i wore high waisted black jeans, that never need to be pulled up so ones bum crack isn't showing, and a comfy black and white v-neck tshirt. Completed with black leather boots. 

Did i sit next to my future husband, or a millionaire? 
NO
there was actually an empty seat next to me!
but there was still the chance, and I'm glad I dressed the part, even at 5 am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment