Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Causing a ruckus

Last week was the 2nd and 3rd year fashion show which all of the 2nd and 3rd year students garments were presented in. After the show I posted a facebook status that cause quiet a ruckus amongst the people who planned the event.
What is a fashion show supposed to be about?
      THE FASHION
The rest of the even was wonderful, but the way that the garments were displayed (aka done up, or NOT done up, backwards, revealing etc) was not the best I have seen. A couple of bloggers have posted photos of the show and there is one that COMPLETELY shocked me. Not only is the skirt on my model SIDEWAYS, and my corset done up incorrectly, AND the straps done up incorrectly, and the wrong shoes on the model. HER VAGINA IS SHOWING. yes you read that correctly. I don't care if its 3mm of it or 3" either way it should not have been showing!

I have been critisized for not attending the dress rehearsal (due to an interview I could NOT reschedule) but I did talk to back stage personal about how it was to be done up, and even DREW and WROTE instructions. I'm in shock about how the main course was presented so illy and how I have been criticized for speaking out about how I don't appreciate my model having parts of her showing that should not have been.

Am I not supposed to be offended by this?

No comments:

Post a Comment