Wednesday, February 12, 2014

My Wedding!!!

Where to start with my wedding story!!!! Of course it was a crazy day, but all things considered I was very calm (which is especially surprising if you know me at all...). I hadn't seen my hubby very much that entire week because both our families were in town. I just wanted to spend the day with him and was so excited to have him beside me ALL evening long!


I had a tailor make my dress and veil. I had a few too many fights with him over exact details even though I gave him sketches and technicals... I guess that's what you get for going to design school. In the end it was almost exactly what I wanted. I did the crystal work myself and loved the little details. 


I'd like to say I was a really relaxed bride. One of the only things I was persistent about was my bouquet. I'm SO happy I splurged and got big and small orchids.  It added this extra element to my outfit and made me look like a million dollars. 
The jewelry was borrow from my amazing mother-in-law. Its a gold Damas set. The dangling necklace suited the neckline of my dress so well. 






My hubby was in charge of his own outfit. We looked at so many tuxedos and it took a bit of convincing for my to get him to try a British fit rather than an Italian fit. His large shoulders skewed the Italian fit jackets, but they filled in a British fit tux beautifully. I couldn't, and still can't, believe how handsome he looked. The jacket and pants are from Hugo Boss, his shoes Balmain, his belt and tie from Sacoor, and the shirt.... an Italian tux shop in Festival City Mall in Dubai.



We obviously had a Palestinian zaffa. It was incredible to see so many people that we love dancing, singing, clapping, and (some) crying for us. I'll never forget how fast my heart started pounding. 



The ring exchange.  

One of our "stunts" for our first dance.  




 I'm not the average bride...


 The dance with my daddy. 

My husband's parents on the left, myself and dad in the middle, and my husband with my little sister on the right. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment