Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Womens Motorcycle Jacket

About two months ago I started the mission of researching, illustrating, drafting, and sewing a women's motorcycle jacket in my size. I didn't have my sewing machine around, and didn't have much time so it has been a slow process but I am finally at a stage where I have a product in han. Although I am not finished (I'm in the last stages of sewing) I can officially say that this is the most complicated thing I have EVER drafted and sewn! My evening wear dress was a lot of hand work but this jacket has been a feat for the drafter in me. It includes elbow, shoulder, lower and upper back pads which is similar to drafting for a pregnant woman with six babies spread out around her body.

This jacket has A ZILLION (maybe not thatttt much) pattern pieces, and many materials (all black) including leather, a windbreaker weight nylon, a medium weight nylon, and a fused nylon, mesh, lining, foam, lace, and fusing. As well as 2 buttons, 6? snaps, 6 metal zippers, 1 plastic zipper, bias tape, twill tape, top stitch thread, normal thread, 3 tags, 6 straps with Velcro, 5 pad pockets with velcro, ANDDDD piping.

I can't wait to be finished it and to show it off! If I find time to finish it by Sunday I might get to show it off at a stunt show!!! WOOOOIE

Photos to come!

1 comment:

  1. I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. motorcycle helmet types

    ReplyDelete